This week’s statements:
1. I can really use __some sleep_ right now. I fell asleep after 9 last night, which is way late for me and then woke up wide awake at 1:30. I have been up since 1:30.
2. I like to _freeze__ my _gummy bears before eating them. _
3. The color of the sky right now is _bright blue, as per usual around here.___
4. I get annoyed _a lot____ because of _the idiot people out there, enough said, right?_______
1. Do you have a doppelgänger? not that I am aware of and if I do poor girl. I do have a doppelganger in mental form, she’s my work wife and she says and does the same things as me WHILE I am doing them.
2. Do you keep your car cleaned up? the inside is a little dusty and needs to be vacuumed, but I don’t have any trash or anything in it. I did just drive thru a carwash yesterday tho.
3. What is a current fashion that drives you crazy. skinny jeans on people who should not wear them. I already know i should not wear them so they don’t go onto my body. you’re welcome.
4. How often do you go grocery shopping? once a week, almost always saturday morning, very early. I went today because I took the day off work and I went too late in the day. I was IRATE by the time I left.
5. What has been the best surprise of your life? so far. getting engaged, with a proper engagement!
Once again I have a busy busy weekend. I’m not sure how I’ve managed to always have a million things to do, this is so opposite of normal Jen. tonight we’re meeting up with Thinking Cat and her hubs for some revolving sushi. They just got a new puppy last weekend so i’m also hoping to meet her. Tomorrow I am FINALLY getting a massage I haven’t gotten one since January. I actually have 2 booked for this month!!! And then my mom is coming over for lunch, to see the new house and celebrate mothers day early. Sunday, which is actually mothers day we’re going over to my future in laws house for an early dinner to celebrate mothers day over there.
So on to the hops!
This week’s statements:
1. If _i stay up too late__ then _I feel sick in the morning because for me staying up late does not = sleeping in. ___
2. _morning___ is my _favorite time__ of the day, at work or at home.
3. Once, I was surprised to find myself _holding a ring instead of a gummy bear_.
4. To keep from going crazy, I _drink wine with my work wife. It helps a lot__.
2. What’s your favorite thing about a newborn? this is sad, I do not have a favorite thing about them. maybe that they sleep so much?
3. When is “too young” to have a Facebook account? I think they can have private ones monitored by parents pretty young. Or maybe I’m naive in my thinking.
4. What are your hoping for for Mother’s Day? to go out for breakfast, hey I’m a dog mom!
5. What was the best field trip you ever took in school? we went to the state fair. It was nice to go during the day when it wasn’t busy.
1. We’re temporarily moving out of our current space at work so they can do a major overhaul and renovation. We’ll be out about 8 weeks and will be moved to a temporary space. We were all really sweating it because there wasn’t a lot of info on the how or when or where. We’ll be coming back to smaller cubes with lower walls and we’ll be more packed in. But this has come down from the tip top and we don’t really have any say so in the matter. That said, I got to tour the temp space last week and it looks like I’ll be getting an entire OFFICE while we’re there. A big old office with huge windows. I’m excited to get an office, even temporarily, but don’t want to get TOO used to it since I’ll have to move back out into a tiny cube. They really should have considered making us uncomfortable in the temp space so that moving back here wouldn’t look so bad anymore.
2. Mojo had a birthday on May 5th. She’s 12 years old. You can’t tell by looking at her, she acts like a puppy most of the time. She had some scrambled eggs for breakfast, got some fancy new treats and a new toy and then had chicken for dinner. Obviously her brother benefited from her special day as well.
3. I need to start working out again with regularity, why am I having such a hard time with this!!??
4. The antique booth is doing really well. I know it’s a hit or miss type of thing but so far we’re on hit. Now we’re able to spend less time maintaining and shopping. So far it seems our bread and butter is tables. We have bought crappy crap crap tables and even gotten some for free out of junk piles, fixed them up and resold them. We don’t mind doing the ‘hard work’ for you if it can get us 100%-1000% profit. We also grabbed a table from a yard sale for $10 that’s worth hundreds, but doubtful we can actually get that much.
5. A revolving sushi joint opened up near me. I can’t find the picture I took but it’s loads of fun to pick what you want from the conveyor belt of sushi. I’m planning on taking Thinking Cat there this weekend.
6. Pinterest strikes again. We created a clock wall. We still need two more small ones to fill in the spaces, but after that we’re good to go. And no, there are no batteries in any of these, are you kidding me with the ticking. but they are all set to 10:10, because for what ever reason that’s how most clocks come to you. Note the basket of dog treats, voodoo will show you what he’s in the mood for. I’ve created a monster.
8. When you come to my house, if you are small enough to use the doggy door, then you have to. This kid cracks me up, he’s so smart. he’s my boyfriends nephew, he’s nearly 4 and just a ball of sarcasm. Few weeks ago we were at a park and this lady showed up with two of her nieces who were calling her Jennifer. That threw this kid over the edge he was not happy. He was all NO THAT’S JENNIFER. and points at me. I don’t think he’s ever met two people before who had the same name. He was just not having this and ended up sighing and throwing his arms up saying WHAT IS GOING ON HERE????
9. I need to buy black out curtains for my bedroom ASAP. I go to bed between 7-7:30 and it’s still light out now!!! Unacceptable. I miss winter daylight hours
10. This past weekend after spending the day in Northern AZ (see #7) I came home exhausted and a little sunburned (bad Jen) and settled into bed with a bowlful of frozen gummy bears, which is my candy of choice. Little did I know that this was planted in the bowl.
I didn’t find it until almost the end (there were 2 left). I was very confused about what was happening and therefore don’t really remember much. Now I get why girls never seem to say ‘yes’ we just sit there all confused. Apparently he had the ring on him all day and kept looking for the perfect opportunity to propose, but it never came. Things went awry here and there during the day and it just wasn’t right. Which is probs for the best because I kept getting cranky at him for all the setbacks!!!!
It took so long for me to find the ring he started thinking I ate it!!! All I really remember about it is: me: WHAT IS THIS? him: it’s a ring. me: ARE YOU SERIOUS?
yes he was!!!
eventually I said yes.
He doesn’t remember that part.
Even boys freak out.
This week’s statements:
1. Sometimes I wonder _how I haven’t been fired _ yet. just kidding, they’d never get rid of me!!!
2. I try not to but I get_angry__ very _quickly when people at work are stupid. ok just one person. she gets me EVERY time!!!___
3. Today I promise that I will __not get mad at anyone__ until I __get mad at someone!_
4. In my dreams I _always find out something i’d rather not know__ and sometimes _I wake up confused, not sure if that really happened.
1. What is your next home improvement goal? Well, since it’s not really MY home, I’m renting, I ‘m going to say putting up my clock wall. Something like this
2. If you could only read one book for the rest of your life, what would it be? No religious texts (ie Bible, Quran, Torah, etc, etc)… shoooo that’s a hard question, I know it’s going to sound cheesy but i could read Danielle Steele’s Daddy over and over (and have)
3. What is on top of your refrigerator? a kitchen-aid mixer. An ice bucket full of kitchen tools I don’t use often and I think that’s it.
4. What are your favorite or most used phone apps? facebook, gmail and weather
5. What’s the one thing you hate most about your spouses job? I don’t have a spouse. But the guy I’m dating has basically the same job as me, well same industry. So I don’t hate anything about his job really. I know what to expect.
1. When it’s time to cut the grass (mow the lawn), who does it? Fortunately for me I’ve downsized the grass in the yards by about 85%. I had a very very very big backyard before.
This is just part of the backyard
and this is the new ‘patch of grass’
sometimes I think the dogs might miss being able to run and gallop around out there, but really all they did was chase a bird or two. and let’s face it, i have a couple of lazies so a smaller backyard suits them fine.
2. If someone gave you $500 dollars and you could not spend it on yourself, who would you spend it on? I would spend it on my mom. I am pretty sure she would not be on board with what i’d spend it on, but that’s not my problem. Someone gave us $500 and there are things that need to be done/taken care of around her house, so that’s where it’s going. My mother would more than likely prefer I just give it to her so she can spend the day shopping QVC!!!!!
3. Have you ever taken a blogging break or considered one? I take blogging breaks all the time. I don’t have a lot to say.
4. Are you bothered by spring allergies or hay fever? If not spring, any other time of the year? I am having a real tough allergy season. I’m not sure if the new landscaping in the back yard is contributing or what, but i’m always stuffy, itchy, watery, generally icky. I think the dogs had a rough go when I moved as well, their eyes seemed a little weepy for a week or so but they look like they’re doing ok now.
5. What’s new with you? Well, I moved. So that was a pretty big deal. It’s been about 3 weeks now and it’s still kind of weird. I am definitely in love with certain aspects of my new home. My master bath is super awesome. As stated above, the yards are easier to maintain. I have rose bushes out back that I have no idea how to tend to just yet but they sure produce some killer long stem red roses! I’ve had fresh flowers put out since i moved in. And I finally get an Air Conditioned work out room. But we’re still going thru an adjustment period when it comes to comfort level. There’s also the beginning of a beehive forming out front so we’re working with pest control on containing that. Also i’m scorpion free so far, but still a little distrusting that it’ll stay that way. I lived with scorpions for so long that I am sure they’re lurking about somewhere.
This week’s statements:
1. The color _blue_ reminds me of the ocean__
2. Lately _time at work __ is _going by __ so _slooooow. it’s been a long week. __
3. Does the sound of breaking glass make you _run for the vacuum? when I hear glass breaking at home I just get up and go get the vacuum. well first I make sure the dogs are ok and not walking around in broken glass.
4. When I wander _around at work___ I _always end up finding food I shouldn’t be eating
1. Who drives when your family is together, you or your spouse? normally it’s not me. I HAAAAAAAAAATE driving.
2. Are you an introvert or extrovert? totally an introvert.
3. Are you married to an introvert or extrovert? Not married, but am currently involved with another introvert. so that works out well.
4. What’s your favorite type of social media? If I had to give them all up but one, I’d keep facebook.
5. What’s your favorite way to “recharge”? I literally stay home and do nothing. Recharging to an introvert means alone time, no talking. no people. I will often take a day off work, I like to call it Jen day and it’s just for me to do what I want. which usually means, do not get out of pajamas.
Happy no smokaversary to me!!! I quit smoking 9 years ago today. After 12 years smoking I was prepared for quite the battle when it came to quitting. But instead it turned out to be pretty easy for me. I have this whole stubborn thing that works to my benefit in cases like this. I refused to let myself give up and refused to cave in and smoke again. Nine years later and I have no desire whatsoever to smoke again but that doesn’t stop me from having dreams about it. I always manage to turn one into two and then into packs and then I’m addicted again and mad at myself.
I’m a terrible resource for anyone who wants to stop because my only advice is, just don’t smoke.
The move is officially over. The transition wasn’t as hard on the dogs as I’d anticipated, I brought all the anxiety on myself. Everyone told me I was over reacting but I don’t consider it an over reaction at all when you’re taking dogs feelings into consideration. Today is my last day at home with them and then I go back to work for two days. I already need another vacation.
1. April 15th is the deadline for Americans to file their state and federal income taxes…what’s a job you do on a regular basis that could be described as ‘taxing’?
I supervise people at work, that’s pretty taxing.
2. I’m participating in the April A-Z blog challenge and the Hodgepodge happens to fall on letter O this week. In keeping with that theme…olives, onions, oysters, okra…of the foods mentioned, what’s your favorite O food?
Okra, deep fried okra. if it’s on a menu, i’m getting it
3. What is something memorable you experienced as a child that your own children (or future children/nieces/nephews) will not get to experience?
busy signals on phones. that was frustrating wasn’t it!!!! and rotary dial phones. curse the friends who had 8′s and 9′s in their numbers!!
4. Term limits for our elected officials…your thoughts?
They limit how long the president can stay in office, they should limit every position as far as i’m concerned. I say this because AZ has some real crackpots that keep winning elections, I am sure by default. They’re republicans. It’s a republican state. AZ seems to hate change more than I do so they keep the same few people ‘in power’ until they die.
5. On April 18th 1775, Paul Revere made his famous ‘midnight ride’….when did you last make a midnight ride? Perhaps the fate of a nation wasn’t hanging in the balance, but tell us where you were headed anyway.
I dont remember the last time I was up at midnight on purpose.
6. What would freak you out more…a mouse running across your floor or a big fat hairy spider?
The spider. I don’t understand spiders. They’re creepy and weird. A mouse make sense to me.
7. I love it when people ask me____________________________.
how old I am. Seriously. No one ever believes I’m actually 38. And for that I thank them.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I need a hair cut. and a massage.
It’s almost moving day! Of course there have been a few hiccups in the road but I’m managing (so far) to work with or around them.
The landlord had a couple of set backs with the house and getting it ready for move in, so he’s busy scrambling to get everything done. Whoever came in to touch up all the paint used the wrong paint. Very obviously the wrong paint so everything needs to be redone. That is supposed to be happening today. I guess the landscapers are also coming today and cleaning up the front and back yards. He previously had the carpets cleaned but I don’t think he was satisfied with the job because he’s having someone come back and redo them and also clean the tile and grout. That’s tomorrow. He’s going right to the wire and asked me if it was ok if people came in to do stuff after I moved in, if need be. I mean, I guess. I want a clean house!
It also took me three stores to find a proper dog door. Lots of them are super cheap and super thin and have a really stupid locking mechanism. I wanted the kind where the latch on the sliding glass door connected to the doggy door. I couldn’t believe how many didn’t even have that option. Most of them came with a spring lock that you clicked on or off with your foot, which rendered the lock on the actual slider useless and seemed stupid and unsafe to me.
I am STILL packing, but tomorrow I think I will be at about 98% done. I just need to make sure the movers get the big stuff out and if anything is left in the house after that, as long as i can fit it into my car, i’m fine. tomorrow night it’s dinner out because my entire kitchen (expect for a coffee maker and mug) will be packed. I had to stop for more boxes last night after the doggy door fiasco!
I need to mow the lawns, spray the weeds and take out all the trash one more time. I cannot WAIT for things to calm down, but it’s going to be about another month before things are even semi back to normal.
This is my last weekend in my current house. I get the keys tomorrow and moving day is Thursday. Moving is exciting and also exhausting and sad at the same time. I’m running thru all the emotions. I have lived there for over 11 years and my dogs have never lived anywhere else. I’m more worried about them than I am about me. Everyone who has moved animals has told me cats are a million times worse and have a harder time adjusting. Cat are attached to their surroundings while dogs are more attached to the people. so the general consensus has been that as long as I’m there and their stuff is around, then the dogs should be fine in a few days.
I am taking the week off to get the house in order and to help the dogs adjust. I don’t feel comfortable going back to work and leaving them alone in the house a few days after I disrupt their lives.
This week’s statements:
1. I don’t remember the last time I sat down and had a TV marathon But I’m hoping to get one in soon, i’m sorely behind on Supernatural.
2. Sometimes _I speak my mind at work__ but usually _I go the politically correct route, which is what HR advises us to do…..___
3. When I think of my childhood, I _don’t have any complaints. _____
4. I am not _patient_____, but I _will wait you out if you are being difficult. you’ll cave eventually and I’ve got nowhere to be_.
1. Would you go to your high school reunion? no. I have no desire to do that. at all. ever.
2. What’s something that you’ve recently splurged on; either for yourself or someone else? I guess a new place to live!
3. How do you handle your child’s fever? no kids, and it’s hard to tell if a dog is running a fever.
4. What’s the nicest thing to happen to you lately? I got a thank you card from someone at work because I gave their kid an easter egg full of candy.
5. What is your current favorite song? I just got the new Bon Jovi CD What About Now so, ALL of those!!!
This week’s statements:
1. My favorite advice to give is _at the end of the day, how much did that really matter? this is advice for work. people stress about about weird (to me, not to them) things at work. I try to, as a boss, put it into perspective for them.___
2. A few years ago I stopped _smoking. Actually it’ll be nine years next month. I often have dreams that I smoke one cigarette which turns to two and then the next thing I know I’m addicted again and pissed. ___
3. The weather around me __is unseasonably warm, think 90s, which_ tends to lend itself to _my being cranky about the heat. lots of people are complaining about snow and I get this???___
4. 2013 is both __exciting___ and __scary___. There has been A LOT of change for me in the past year. This year has been/will be a doozy.
1. How often should adults have birthday parties? as often as they want. But I mean only on their actual birthdays. You can’t just decide Tuesday is a good day for a bday party!!! Well, you can…..
2. What was your room decorated like when you were a child? When I was a tiny baby my mother went the Raggedy Ann and Andy route. After that phased out, no real theme.
3. Do you have any traditions for Easter? If so, what? and do you have a why behind that? No traditions. I have zero traditions for any holiday. Well, except for whining about how stressful holidays are.
4. Do you get Good Friday off? If so, any plans? no time off, but we might get to go home an hour early (fingers crossed) Then i’m going to stock up the antique booth for the weekend. We closed for the month a few days ago and according to the spreadsheet, we sold 65 items!! I slowly restock once a week and clean up the area because people move stuff all over the place.
5. Did you wear hats & white shoes to church on Easter? (Or was that just in the South?) My grandma took me to church with her when I was really little and I do remember getting my hair curled, wearing a nice dress and shoes that ‘made noise’ on the floor. But no hats or gloves, which I probably would have really liked to have worn when I was 3.